Want to read this from the begining?

If you are new to the Floppy Throttle blog and want to start where we started, please visit http://www.floppythrottle2.blogspot.com/ where all posts are viewable in the order they were written.

The page you are currently on is where the most recent updates appear if you are already following what we are doing.

Thursday 31 March 2011

Bit hectic...

Life has been a little hectic over the last couple of weeks with the new baby and I bought another (yes, another) cab that has needed quite a bit of work on.  This has meant that you've been without updates for a couple of weeks. 

The new baby has made me truly treasure life and before this turns into the usual slushy wushy "I love my kids" don't wory.  I do love my kids - 3 boys  - but they drain every day, hour and minute from your life.  I wouldn't change them for the world but right now I seem to be operating on auto-pilot with nappies & vomit every angle.

Also, I've been a bit busy at school, well eveing college but Gruff likes to imagine me in a school boys outfit which is just a little weird bearing in mind I'm intending to spend 5 days inside either a small box on wheels or in a tent with him.  Never mind.



Lets move a little swiftly on.  I'm intending this to only be a little update as kids to feed, bottles to sterilise, bums to change and things to do. 

With the exception of 1 graphic, the car is as prepared as we can get with the sponsors we have.  It could squeeze in a couple more if needed so as ususal, if you're tempted, please let me know.



I trundled down to see Ed to collect a couple of bits and it seems like he is a busy busy man.  So for those of you that were trying to get him to do your graphics, sorry, I took all his free time and frustrated him to the point I don't think he wants to do them anymore.  He is looking forward to the rally and like the rest of us,when he talks about Scumrun, he turns into a big eyed child on Christmas Eve.  If the organiser is like this, it's gonna be fun.



I used Juliette the Scumrunner to go down and see him and this was his first glimpse of our pride and joy.  As I rounded the corner I saw him double check what he had seen and I swear I saw him giggle just a little.  I think he likes her.  He did ask if it got many looks when being driven "especially with that exhaust" and yes it does. 

Mainly from schoolboys (explains why Gruff is keen to drive) and the local hooped earinged, side pony-tailed, velour tracksuit wearing, buggy pushing, chain smoking, tat' sporting chavettes that seem to live near me.  I took the brother in law out for a test flight (he's 15), and he was amazed at the amount of "State" (no idea what that actually means - yoof speak for totty I think) that were giving him the eye simply being in it.



Whilst thinking of exhausts and noises, Joe - What have you done???  If you follow the link to the right that takes you to Bugsplats Blog, you will see that he has decided to tame his exhaust.  He has put a suppressor on there to take the edge off his battlecry.  He does use a lovely set of words, which I'm going to use here as they made me smile:

[quote]One day I will fit the turbo that is sat in my loft, but until then ill just have to compensate with the noise of the ridiculous exhaust system.

However and this leads to my reasoning for this post, it is a little too ridiculous. People ask me "is that road legal" I reply "depends", they reply "on what", I say "whether I start the engine or not"[/quote]



What else has been going on?  Well, the new cab was a nightmare and not quite as up together as I would have hoped, but fixable.  It's the 1.8Si which means it's only half a second slower to 60 than an RS2000 with a top end pretty similar.  I spent most of yesterday getting soaked to the skin swapping the torn and battered roof for a new mohair one.  Now the roof is fixed, I've recarpeted it and put seats back in and it's quite a pleasant place inside.  Knocked some dents out, polished out some scratches, but still loads more needed to do before I'm proud of it.  On the up-side my multicar policy went down  Strangely I now have 3 cars on that policy but the overall premium went down when I added the new one (called Hobo Jo.  It's lived an abandoned outside life for 2 years and the previous owner was a lovely woman named Jo so HoboJo has joined Julian, Juliette and Diego the mondeo on my drive).  It is starting to look a little crowded out there right now.

Ooooooh, I nearly forgot.  We have a new official sponsor.  Voltz energy drink are wonderful wonderful people.  Not only did they agree to sponsor us, provide their own graphics, give us free energy drinks but they're also giving us some T-shirts with joint branding.  How cool is that?  They have promised us a sizeable donation as well and I'm hoping that comes in soon just so I know I dont need to chase them.



Finally for this little bit, I'm arranging a meet up on route to the Brands Hatch shenannigans at Clacketts Lane services.  For those teams that read this, all the details are on the scumrun site in the forums.  Or contact me for details floppythrottle@live.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. With the extra ad space...i reccomend a 'Nuke The Whales' bumper sticker :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ad space comes at a premium... I might have to condense it a bit to "Nuke Wales"

    ReplyDelete