Want to read this from the begining?

If you are new to the Floppy Throttle blog and want to start where we started, please visit http://www.floppythrottle2.blogspot.com/ where all posts are viewable in the order they were written.

The page you are currently on is where the most recent updates appear if you are already following what we are doing.

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Just a quickie I think...

Well, had a weekend and spent some much needed time with wife and kids, but now back to the harsh reality of mucking about with the Scumrunner.

Whats happened since the last update?

We have a new sponsor:  P.M. Electrical Systems Ltd.  Thank you Paul for your donation to the advertising cause, in view of him being early to sponsor (and the vast amount of money that he has kindly offered) his will be a prominent bonnet logo.  If you happen to be in the Basingstoke area, and need some electrical installation work doing, give him a shout. 

We've also been offered some graphic / vinyl work by another signwriting company who know of this project and simply don't want six-0 to get the advertising.  I sense a bidding war coming on maybe????  Full vehicle wrap will persuade me guys cos I know you both read this :)

The car has now been taken for a bit of a thrashing and the mystery oil/water has stopped dribbling out the exhaust.  It was having balance issues for a little and dragging to the right but a swift check of tyre pressures has fixed that.  They were sat at 20, 30, & 40 x 2 psi which also helps to explain the firmness of the ride.  These have been dropped to 32 fronts and 29 rears and it handles better with slightly less kamikazi tendencies shown.

Having been driving the newer version of this car for the last year or so (now given to the wife) I had got used to the performance being acceptable but nothing too radical, however, this one has exactly the same enigine but seems a completely different beast.  I think someone, somewhere along the line, may have tinkered with something.  Normally I don't get involved with the boyracers of the world (OK, thats a fat lie), but having popped out in the car for a sunday drive (thats true), I found myself with a couple of baseball capped, spotty tossbags sat right behind me as I left a roundabout in their aged clio with the viper stripes on.  Bless em.  Odds are theirs is a 1.4 (at best) RT, or a 1.8 diesel, and they've spent their pocket money of things that are shiny and therefore make it faster.  Roughly a mile down the road I had pulled in, unlocked my fuel cap and started filling by the time they drove past.  Hahahaha, whupped by a purple wonder.

Aside from that, the wifes uncle (and tent putterupperer) Matt Ball, invited me to go see him with this tent that I've been struggling with.  I turned up, we stood in a field for a bit connecting poles A, B & C, attaching them to rain fly's and dividers and other technically named bits of rag, before discovering that the instructions were a fib.  Pole A was actually shorter than pole B, and pole C wasnt mentioned in the instructions but a crucial part of the design.  Without going into tooo much, the tent was up after an hour or so, with only one broken pole and some gaffa tape providing structure. 

On a seperate note, we've run our sponsors past Ed, the guy at Scumrun 2011, and he has OK'd them as not clashing with the main sponsors of the event so all good there.

One issue causing me to worry is the electric windows in the car.  When the lights are on, the switches become VERY warm to the touch.  Think I'm going to get under the console and simply bypass them and see if that fixes it.

Well, once again, it's getting too late for me to put my usual cheeriness on the blog, so Im off to bed.  Early morning tomorrow; the cats due to lose his male bits 1st thing. 
Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment