Want to read this from the begining?

If you are new to the Floppy Throttle blog and want to start where we started, please visit http://www.floppythrottle2.blogspot.com/ where all posts are viewable in the order they were written.

The page you are currently on is where the most recent updates appear if you are already following what we are doing.

Friday 3 September 2010

Floppy Throttle 4

If you haven't read the first 3, scroll down to the bottom and work up if that makes sense.  If it doesn't then tough - figure it out.

Only a quick update today as I'm knackered, it's late, and I really should be having some snuggle time with Mrs Savage and the duvet.

I remembered last night that one of my old colleagues Mikey did the scumrun a couple of times in a stretch Granada so I banged his facebook door and asked if he was going again this year.  Sadly, he's not but I'll send him some pictures from the whistlestop tour of Europe.

After mailing Ed, the chief of scumrun, he's replied with happy news; he is fine with me using a local guy to get Juliette tattoo'd providing we leave enough space for the sponsors that are supporting all vehicles.  Details will be sent through once he knows where they want their piccys/www's etc.

So that means, Six-0 signs are back to being my champions.  We also now have Alan Knight Transport as corporate sponsors so thats good (cheers Gruff for that).

Another issue that I had which concerned me to do with requirements is where to get a cheap CB radio from.  As it turns out, Gruffs got one laying in the boot of his car for reasons that I don't understand and probably dont want to know about - probably used for grooming passing sheep on channel 1.

Had a few knock backs from sponsors today, but to be expected I s'pose.  At this rate I'm going to dedicate the bonnet as "VEHICLE NOT SPOSORED BY THE FOLLOWING TIGHT BASTARDS:"

On a better note, chatting with Gruffallo we figured we had been looking at the colour of the car all wrong and the theme of straightforward non-straightness was not the way forward (honestly that makes sense if you play it through your head slowly).  There is a much more obvious theme for the car and drivers.  But I'm not telling you yet.  Got to wait and see what tomorrows emails bring to see if I can blag the free costumes I'm angling for. 

All I can do is give a Winnie the Pooh reference "Bitch betta have my Hunnie".

It's just past 1am, I've got to be up early, I have no humor left in me for this period of consciousness so night all.

sava................................................  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment