Want to read this from the begining?

If you are new to the Floppy Throttle blog and want to start where we started, please visit http://www.floppythrottle2.blogspot.com/ where all posts are viewable in the order they were written.

The page you are currently on is where the most recent updates appear if you are already following what we are doing.

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Not really an update...

OK, to those of you eagerly waiting the blog of the 1st day of driving, I'm going to disappoint you I'm afraid.  Today I am very pushed for time as I have a lot of things to do.  Tomorrow, if I can find a power point on the train, I will blog it there.

The reason for me being on a train and mentioning it here is simple.  The train is Colchester to home.  Why am I returning from Colchester on the train...?  Because I'm driving the scumrnner up there and leaving it together with another addition to the ever growing Savage fleet of motors.




Yes, I've bought another one.  I am (albeit for not very long at all), the owner of a low mileage MK6 RS2000.  That RS2000 is going to be used as a donor for an engine (plus a few other bits) swap.  This should ramp the power up to the levels of being insanely fast on the power to weight ratio. 



It is at this point that I want to mention 2 people that have made this possible. 

First I want to again thank Mike Singh from Ilford for agreeing to let me have his car for this project.  On eBay it went nowhere near either his buy it now price or indeed his reserve.  For the age and condition of the car as far as I can tell, both were set realistically.  I emailed him (and have spoken to him on the phone now) and begged, pleaded and to be fair probably annoyed him.  But Mike is a legend.  He had a look at the blog, saw that I was indeed a genuine weirdo but doing good things for terminally ill kids and agreed to let me have the car for very very little money indeed - considerably cheaper than me sourcing the parts seperately.  I won't say how much as I don't know if he has told his missus what he has done, but let's say it was an absolute gem of a purchase with the return of two ponies from a monkey...



Secondly, Ash from AWM auto services deserves a massive mention as well.  A keen member of the FEOC-UK site he comes highly recommended from everyone that has dealt with him.  It is with this in mind that I asked for his assistance in this project.  He was aware of the Floppy Throttle scumrunner and with the charity edge in mind I sought a quote.  He has come out as again, a wonderful wonderful man.  Once again, I do not know if he wants our agreement for this made public or not so I won't place it on here.  All I will say is I know full well that I could not get a better price anywhere else. 

The guy is so respected that I'm travelling a 6 hour round trip to drop the car off, and another (probably faster return leg lmao) 6 hours to collect.  If you have a Ford and want a bit of a change, try him.  http://www.awm-auto-services.co.uk/ The website is a work in progress so please don't judge his mechanical abilities by his html programming skills - Web design and engine swap abilities aren't linked in any way.



In view of the new engine needing a bit of a run, the ferry is booked from Dover, 9 June for a couple of days away (maybe enough time to hit the 'Bahn's) with the wifey.



That to one side I will get the second of the Scumrun 2011 blogs running tomorrow (hopefully).


Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment