Want to read this from the begining?

If you are new to the Floppy Throttle blog and want to start where we started, please visit http://www.floppythrottle2.blogspot.com/ where all posts are viewable in the order they were written.

The page you are currently on is where the most recent updates appear if you are already following what we are doing.

Tuesday 26 April 2011

2 more sleeps to go...

It is Tuesday 26th April.  roughly 7am at the time of knocking this blog up. 

I've got to say, right now, THANK YOU to the people that have donated, entered raffles, provided parts and/or services for the car, given technical advice when needed, told me to grow up when I started to get a bit carried away (the white leather re-trim would have been lush though).  For everybody that I have got into touch with since we sarted this rally and who has listened to my insane suggestions or simply put up with me telling them how long is left, I thank you.

To the postman who has single handedly brought most of the parts to my dooor for this project (and carried most of them back to the depot again) and my neighbours who have put up with having no rear access to their garden for the last 8 months or so due to various bits of cars in the way, I thank you.

I have met a lot of people in this period of my life (including "chuckles" at the sorting office) and I think it has been interesting.  I have tried to bring about an understanding of why nothing goes to plan, and that if you try you can get a banger to a bloody high standard if you throw enough time at it. 

Speech over with, lets get on to my week of suffering.  And suffer I have.  Since Friday night I have been very very unwell.  The wife did a weigh in for me and I've lost nearly 8lb's over just 4 days.  If I had that much weight to spare, then what a wonderful diet it would be.  Unfortunately I don't and I am feeling a bit concerned.  Vomit I can handle and put up with; wind the window down and just blow chunks trying not to hit whoever is following you, but the poo thing is really worrying.  Even Immodium can't stop the rip tide that is flowing through my system.  I am desperately hoping that my innards fix themselves before we leave or there is going to be issues with even attending the 'run.  This is a bit close to the event for my liking.

That to one side, only 2 days to go.

The car is as ready as it needs to be.  Sounds great, runs fine, all the legal bits covered, breakdown sorted, cb mounted, sound system grade B (I would say grade A, but I've got 2 spare subs in the shed that will be housed in there on our return to take it to A-), we have duplicates of licenses and passports so should those nice men in silly uniforms wsh to "retain" our documents, we can still get back into the country with the aid of an ambassador (I hope he has Ferrerro Roche' - I like them.  Not as good as caramel shortbread but living in the land of Johnny Foreigner, they might be hardto get hold of).

So, providing my guts don't rot away in the next 2 days, we're golden.  I'm going to try and update this on a daily basis but post it over the coming 5 weeks or so.

Finally, I'm going to have a crack at a poem.  Not sure why as I'm not a poet, just seems a good thing to do as I'm hunched in front of a keyboard.  I say a poem, I'm changing my mind.  To the tune of "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus....



I hopped in the car, my Juliette,
It didn't really cost a bomb,
Need to book it for an MOT Test,
Make it a legal tin.

The garage well they
failed it the first time,
Look on the bonnet, see the Flop-py sign,
This is getting costly,
It all seems against us.

Time is ticking and the car is still in bits
sent it out to a man to work on
Thats when Sextons Dude amped the radio
and a Miley song went on,
and the Miley song was on
and the Miley song was on.

So I put my roof down
Get rid of the pong
The carpet has to go
Nodding my head like yeah,
Movin' my hips like yeah,
I got my roll up,
Hits from the bong,
Cypress Hill rocked in the day
Yeah the party starting near Calais
Yeah, the party starting near Calais

Get to the start with a roof that's rag,
The yoof are looking at me now,
Thinking "Who's that dick thats driving shit"
It's gonna need a new clutch now

Took it down to Hayling Island
Not sure if it's a dogging party
All I see is a focus
A shame I never got the photo

Time is ticking and the car is back in bits
sent it out to a man to work on
Thats when Triangle Dude ramped the scummer
and a Dolly song went on,
and the Dolly song was on
and the Dolly song was on.

So I put my roof down
Get rid of the pong
The carpet has to go
Nodding my head like yeah,
Movin' my hips like yeah,
I got my roll up,
Hits from the bong,
Cypress Hill rocked in the day
Yeah the party starting near Calais
Yeah, the party starting near Calais

Feel like shopping in the night (in the night)
Using eBay homepage tonight (page tonight)
Paypal stops my overtime (overtime)
I remember the budget it's alright

So I put my roof down
Get rid of the pong
The carpet has to go
Nodding my head like yeah,
Movin' my hips like yeah,
I got my roll up,
Hits from the bong,
Cypress Hill rocked in the day
Yeah the party starting near Calais
Yeah, the party starting near Calais

So I put my roof down
Get rid of the pong
The carpet has to go
Nodding my head like yeah,
Movin' my hips like yeah,
I got my roll up,
Hits from the bong,
Cypress Hill rocked in the day
Yeah the party starting near Calais
Yeah, the party starting near Calais


OK, so it's not fantastic, but I'm not a song writer.

Well, going to wrap it up on the blog side of things till we get back (providng my guts last that long).

Take care.


Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment